Thread: Pain Clinic
View Single Post
Old 04-09-2008, 01:05 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Yes, sigh... It was me who has been on oral steroids, a little over 15 years. I have only recently been able to cut back on my dose this time-thanks to Flexeril. I was put on these when I did not respond to anything else.

I will warn you about the injections though. My friend here has had very limited oral steroid intake, but has the injections several times per year. Her adrenals are not functioning properly and her Endocrinologist has told her to limit the injections to twice a year, only if she cannot stand the pain.

She is really having a rough time painwise. Sometimes there is just nothing else that will give you relief in a rheumatic disease, other than steroids... In some rheumatic diseases, it is almost impossible to get off of these drugs. The rebound effect from even minimal cuts in dose, are NOT fun...

I fell hard over a small fence in my yard tonight, cut my mouth, crashed down on my left hip, cussed a lot and got mad at hubby for telling me I need to lose weight... The good news though is: I did NOT break anything, even after all of the Prednisone...

Cathie
Yorkiemom is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote