View Single Post
Old 04-09-2008, 01:26 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Some helpful Advice

I don't think you're in the wrong place I've been where you are. Going crazy from the uncertainty feeling I had no where to turn to and that my life was one long nightmare. The thing that really helped me was yoga grounding excercises. I've found a yoga excercise, called "head to knee pose" to be extremely calming. . You can google it . I've found these help with muscular skeletal chest pain from stress. Just be sure to (consult your doctor ...hahaah disclaimer), make sure you breathe properlywhile doing the stretches.
Yoga can definately help with OCD. I went from 200 mg of Zoloft down to 100 mg because of it. Yoga videos I recommend would be Yoga for wieght loss by Suzanne Deason of GAIAM. The name obviously fashioned to make sales, but the workout very well rounded and calming; perfect for a beginner.
If you think about why you get chest pain, it comes from holding your body rigid due to stress. Basically this stretch undoes for me what stress does to me on a day to day basis. If I can control the chest pain, I feel more control over everything else. Hope this helps.
Hmm... aww yes "relabel your OCD thoughts" as just that, OCD thoughts caused by genetic problem, and then refocus; do something productive, even if it's just the laundry. You can feel bad and give into compulsions or feel bad and do something productive and just maybe feel a sense of accomplishment. If you get the real nervous agitated energy like me, use the adrenaline to accomplish things. This does two things, (1) burns of the adrenaline so you aren't so tense and (2) helps you weaken the OCD beast. The more power you give it the stronger it gets. If you ignore it gets weaker. Also, real brainy activities that involve figuring stuff out help to refocus your mind. If you can go to work and stay busy I highly recommend this.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------