View Single Post
Old 04-09-2008, 11:33 AM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Wow, I never thought of my body going through withdrawal for Alprazolam.

I have never had this kind of muscle spasm in my toe or leg for about a year now. Back then, I posted here, you mentioned magnesium, I bought the magnesium, used it, NEVER HAD ANOTHER SPASM. and completely forgot about it.

So I ran out of the magnesium.

I knew as of last night I had to go and buy the magnesium.

This morning, went to the store and bought CAL/MAG CITRATE.

It was all they had and it cost $5.99 for 100 pills.

It's by Natures Bounty and the Magnesium part of it says:

Magnesium 500 mg
as Magnesium Oxide and Magnesium Citrate.

(The one I used previously was Magnesium Oxide - 250) and yeah I now know it was the wrong kind of Magnesium, but I haven't had a spasm in a year while taking that.

I (and I don't even believe I'm saying this), I don't take a multi-vitamin).

Just started today. Alan has this big bottle of multi-vitamins for seniors.

I took one last night. Because it had magnesium in it.

So what do I do about the alprazolam thing? I don't sleep. Never did. When I take the alprazolam at about 11 p.m. in about 20 minutes my whole body relaxes and I drift off to sleep.

I know I can't go off this cold turkey, but if I ultimately go off of this, I won't get any sleep and that's no good either.

Is the Alprazolam BAD for me?? (Alan takes it ever night for his neuropathy and it's the only thing that LET'S HIM SLEEP). It relaxes every nerve in his body.

I'm terribly confused here.

I don't want to be a pill popper, but I do want to get to sleep and sleep for 8 hours. Believe me, when you have never been a sleeper (from birth), and you then know what 8 hours of sleep is, well you really don't want to give it up.

I just want to put my head down at night and go to sleep.

If Alan didn't have neuropathy, he could put his head on a pillow at any time of the day, announce, "I'm going to take a nap" and he's out like a light.

I do NOT HAVE THIS TYPE OF NERVOUS SYSTEM, obviously.

I don't use anything with caffeine except for my morning coffee at 9 a.m. Only water or de-caf coffee (not all the time, even).

I have a hyped up nervous system, I believe, and with the (my son thing), and Alan' operation), and we have no family to speak of, well, my system reacts, my mind thinks, and I could never get to sleep.

I used to have nights (when I was younger) and had to get up for work, well, if I slept 3 hours, I was lucky. But I always went to work, and fell asleep on the bus coming home from work. I used to say "that was the best nap I had".

I now know that this is NOT normal. That people have a circadian rhythm and all that.

I simply do not know the best course of action so my mind can get some peace and quiet and I can get to sleep without the aid of ANYTHING!!!

Is there hope for me?

thanks

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote