View Single Post
Old 04-09-2008, 11:36 AM
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
Lightbulb dear sue -have peace

dear one,
I must tell you something - you must belive -there is a cure, and it is more simple than you were told, it is what the medicines uses from the body that must be replaced in specifically Methycobalamine B-12 and folic acid and minerals that help the neurotransmitters work and your body is just abit / or more - deficient - as I have faith that this truth has helped my meds work
more efficiently - so add MB12 to your schedule, and this can cause different
med needs - so you may need to tell you doctor, you will need to use
carbidopa/levodopa SR
please research this - I am 45 and was dxd 15 years ago -
_________
research from pubmed

Protective effects of a vitamin B12 analog, methylcobalamin, against glutamate cytotoxicity in cultured cortical neurons.

Akaike A, Tamura Y, Sato Y, Yokota T.

Department of Neuropharmacology, Faculty of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences, Fukuyama University, Japan.

The effects of methylcobalamin, a vitamin B12 analog, on glutamate-induced neurotoxicity were examined using cultured rat cortical neurons. Cell viability was markedly reduced by a brief exposure to glutamate followed by incubation with glutamate-free medium for 1 h. Glutamate cytotoxicity was prevented when the cultures were maintained in methylcobalamin-containing medium. Glutamate cytotoxicity was also prevented by chronic exposure to S-adenosylmethionine, which is formed in the metabolic pathway of methylcobalamin. Chronic exposure to methylcobalamin and S-adenosylmethionine also inhibited the cytotoxicity induced by N-methyl-D-aspartate or sodium nitroprusside that releases nitric oxide. In cultures maintained in a standard medium, glutamate cytotoxicity was not affected by adding methylcobalamin to the glutamate-containing medium. In contrast, acute exposure to MK-801, a NMDA receptor antagonist, prevented glutamate cytotoxicity. These results indicate that chronic exposure to methylcobalamin protects cortical neurons against NMDA receptor-mediated glutamate cytotoxicity.

reference link
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/7...?dopt=Abstract

must go back on my lil vacation from the PC..

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwessing@bigpond.ne View Post
i have had Parkinson disease for 4 years that I know about and the neuro said possibly 5 years previously.I was 48 when diagnosed I am now 52.

I have been having trouble with dyskenisea caused by the LDopa that I have been taking.It is getting to the point that I am embarressed about it.I know that this eventually happens after you have been on the medication a while but I thought I might get a little longer than what I have.

I have been reading about Mucuna Pruriens and have been trying it for the last 10 days under a natropath.In 10 days I have only had 2 of my Parkinson meds,the mucuna pruriens is working really well In fact i feel better having had it than the L dopa.I have no extra movement,and feel much more relaxed being on this it is wonderful.

My problem is I phoned my Neuro did not talk to him but spoke to his assistant . I did not tell her that I had already tried it, I said I just wanted to ask about it, and knew someone who was taking it and what did they know about it ......,
Well she went off her face at me ,and said not to even think about it, if there was anything better than I already have they would have it there and not to listen to what the neighbour or anyone else had taken because it is not any good.
I have been on it for 10 days and have kept a record of how i feel every half hour.I just wanted some advice as to what to do,Should I keep on with it or should I go back on my medication .I know that the mucuna will not work all the time that eventually i will have to go back to my other medication but I dont want to have all that extra movement and feel that if the mucuna is working wouldn't it be good to have a bit of a break from the medication that I have One of my meds I had to sighn a form to say i was aware that there has been a death with this particular tablet (TASMAR)

His assistant said if I was having trouble that possibly I would have to have liquid sinemet possibly every hour becausae that is the best to get the exact dose that i need ,Why would I want to do this when I get 6 hours out of the mucuna .....

i hope you understand all this and can offer some advise I will be waiting to hear from some one

Thank you Sue

by
, on Flickr
pd documentary - part 2 and 3

Resolve to be tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving, and tolerant with the weak and the wrong. Sometime in your life you will have been all of these.
lou_lou is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote