View Single Post
Old 04-09-2008, 11:44 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Melody,

It sounds to me like you just overdid everything.

And you didn't say how much Xanax you take a day so I am going to assume it is once a day at night. Just a matter of a couple of hours difference isn't going to cause a spasm like that. You have to go without Xanax for more than a day...more like two unless you are taking something like 3 a day. Then I would believe it was your body telling you you need more. But since you said you take it at night...nah, a coule of hours off isn't going to do that.

It is your call as to whether you want a prescription muscle relaxer and of course there are all kinds. But my spasm med of choice is Valium. And I don't see the ER docs giving me Flexeril or anything like that when it comes to the horrific spasms...it is ALWAYS Valium. And I hoard mine for the worst of moments. It is the only muscle relaxer that will work and work fast. Works great for pelvic floor dysfunction too and most Urogyns will prescribe Valium for that. That and IC.

I know how bad this can get when they come on suddenly. My PM and I have had several discussions about it. He said he never realized how bad they could really get until it happened to him. Now, for every day use I might taking something different. But usually, since I take Klonopin, the spasms don't hit near as much as they used to. I do have some Zanaflex too but I stopped taking it due to the heartburn it caused.

So, again, I don't think it was the Xanax you were lacking. I think it was just a matter of overdoing it.
Kathi49 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote