Thread: New here
View Single Post
Old 04-09-2008, 06:47 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default New here

I am needing help and thought maybe someone here has some knowledge. First I was diagnosised years ago 22 with bilateral vestibular loss. I have lived with off balance and veritgo for years. The doctors don't give me an exact diagnosis. Have been told it could be hydrops, Autoimmune inner ear disease, migraine or ototoxic exposure. I don't have all the symptoms so many here list. I mainly have off balance, vertigo, blurred vision, nystagmus, ossillopsia, I tend to have lower blood pressure but not extremely low usually 90 over 65 or so but it can be 100 over 70. I am overweight from lack of activity. I have migraines that start on the left side on the back of my neck and go over my head into eye. I walk like I am drunk. The more activity I get the dizzier I am. If ride in a car I feel like the car is moving after I stop the same thing in an elevator. I can't travel more than about 25 miles. I have tinnitus but no hearing loss which is the biggest reason they won't say I have Menieres Disease as usually those people loose hearing as well as Autoimmune inner ear disease. The doctors elude to those two things but won't say yes because I have normal hearing. I also have severe acid reflux and throw up food if I eat but small amounts at time as well has have irriatble bowel. I had an MRI in 1997 and the said I didn't show chiari and then had another one in an upright MRI machine that showed compressed disc with fragments but no chiari. I am wondering if these MRI could be wrong does it take a special doctor to really know. Would it be more likely to have Chiari if you have short neck. I don't have a short neck I would say mine is a longer neck at least it use to be when I was younger now with extra weight it not. Anyone have any thoughts?

Linda
Linda56 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote