View Single Post
Old 04-09-2008, 07:41 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I voted the block made me worse. I had 1 block done at 1 year and 3 months. It had already spread to both legs,feet,hips,arms,hands and tops of shoulders by 11 months.

I haven't met anyone else in 5 years that reacted the way I did. I was in agony, pain wise, for 2 months. I was already scared to death to even get the block but was forced to do it by work comp. I settled out with them back in 04 and am thankful they're out of my life.

Blocks are usually best done within the first 3 months, no later than 6 months BUT I have spoken to a few people in the last 5 years who had a block done later than that and got some relief. I REALLY hope your hubby will be one of them. Go get it done because it isn't too late to start. Considering he's had RSD for 3 years and it hasn't spread tells me that his pain might still be sympathetically maintained and no independent. At least I hope so for his sake. Sympathetically maintained pain is the type that usually responds to blocks and gives relief. Each successive block will usually give more and more relief.

I hope he gets the blocks soon and even more hope it brings relief and maybe even helps him into remission! Hope always springs eternal with RSD. Never say it's too late, until proven otherwise.

Hugs,

Karen

Living, loving and laughing with RSD for 14 years and counting.
GalenaFaolan is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Teresa112757 (04-10-2008)