View Single Post
Old 04-09-2008, 08:50 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I would like to thank all of you for your replies/suggestions/comments.

I've been "out of commission" for about a week. Sinus infection, inner ear troubles, major fatigue.

I'm on so many meds right now I almost can't keep them straight.

EVen on days when I'm feeling jolly, I wonder why I had to get stuck with this RSD.

I saw my pain doc yesterday, and he told me that he hopes that I will be one of the lucky ones to not have this RSD go full blown and spread, because most do. I must have had quite a look on my face, because then he said "Well, you want me to be honest with you, don't you?"

I have never been lucky with anything in my life, so that probably means my RSD will migrate to other body parts.

Family and friends sometimes can help, but I still believe that the only people who can truly be supportive are ones who battle with the same conditions. "Been there, done that" type of stuff, ya know.

And I can't seem to find anyone around me, relative or co-worker, who has this trouble. And there is an area chapter of RSD in town, but guess what? They meet during the day when I am at work. How dare they not do an evening meeting!!!!!

My family is basically ignorant when it comes to this stuff, all they concern themselves with is if I'm able to put food on the table or do the laundry! I can get more compassion and/or support from a co-worker or a stranger.
I still have not accepted the fact that I have this "disease" or "condition" or "curse" yet. Guess I seem to be stuck in the denial phase of things. Ah, well. This, too, shall pass.

Again, thanks for the posts. I appreciate them very much.
not2happy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote