View Single Post
Old 04-10-2008, 05:32 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Lawsuits

Dear Numb,

I can tell you from experience that it is a very long hard road to sue anyone these days forget a malpatrice lawsuit. I did sue the facility that I fell in that caused my nightmare and did win, thank god, if not I would of had to sell my house use all my savings etc.

My point is, and I learned this from going through it, first you must prove neglect and be able to show it. Also, you need the best of the best attorney I fired my first one because he was not really doing anything to proceed. When I got my second attorney and believe me he hesitated for a month before he said he would take my case. Luckily for me he was incrediable and I did go to a full jury trial which took 3 years to get to that point and then settled on the fourth day. It was almost worse than going through this RSD nightmare. Also you need a lawyer with deep pockets because this could be considered malpractice or personnal inquriy which ever the attorney picks up the tab for everything until you settle. The secret is, is that they will not take a case unless they are sure they are going to win.

I hope this helps...

Ann
AnnBon is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote