View Single Post
Old 04-10-2008, 06:40 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

Sheena,

Those more familiar than I am with TY can correct me if I'm wrong - From what I have read you can start to feel a negative difference with your MS as it gets close to your next infusion.

Why are you giving up your child? Do you know there are hundreds, thousands of women out there with MS who can still be wonderful parents - single or not.

How old is your child? Does he/she know your giving her/him up?

For some of us our children give us the ability to keep going, to keep trying and these little peop;e have the ability to love us no matter what we may look like, feel like, or our limited abilities.

Just a hug from these little people can give a person such a warm and up lifting feeling. Having a child can also give you the ability to focus on the childs needs instead of focusing on yourself and the MS.

I'm asking you to use caution, Sheena. How you feel now may not be how you feel a day, a week, a month or even a year from now. How will you feel if you give your child up and then realize down the road - I'm doing good, I could have taken care of my child and I would have been a good mother.

You are dealing with quite a bit right now, your feeling lousy, your scared, you don't know what will happen with the MS - this and more is part of the grieving process.

Those who go through the grieving process due to a death are told not to make any life changing decisions for at least a year. That's what I'm asking of you.

I would suggest you get some counseling, not only for you but for the sake of your child
DM (04-10-2008), Kitty (04-11-2008), SandyC (04-11-2008), sugarboo (04-11-2008)