View Single Post
Old 10-14-2006, 07:21 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Somatosensory seizures arise from any of the three sensory areas of the parietal lobe, but the post-central gyrus is most commonly involved. Seizures present with contralateral, or rarely ipsilateral, or bilateral sensations. All sensory modalities may be represented, most commonly tingling and numbness, alone or together. There may be prickling, tickling or crawling sensations, or a feeling of electric shock in the affected body part.
Credit: John S DUNCAN and Sigurlaug SVEINBJÖRNSDÒTTIR; Institute of Neurology, University College London, National Hospital for Neurology and Neurosurgery, Queen Square, London, and National Society for Epilepsy, Chalfont St Peter, Bucks, and National Hospital, Reykyavik, Iceland

Find the full article HERE.

This is a good read for anyone who believed seizures didn't hurt but still felt pain. I don't know about you, but I felt a little less 'crazy' when I found out why I thought something was 'shocking' me. I am paralyzed during this, but I have around 30-45 minutes of tingling and numbness before the shocking starts. The shocking lasts an average of 15-20 minutes. I eventually pass out, fall asleep or something (I forget this part) and wake up 2-5 ish hours later and feel perfectly fine (most of the time).
Ellie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote