View Single Post
Old 10-14-2006, 07:23 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Arrow

I have 4 boys all diagnosed with ADHD and most of them dont have the sensitivity and behavioral issues.

Now.. Adam my 11 yr old.. I am trying to have tested for Aspergers or High functioning Autism or Bipolar or other behavorial problems. He has the sensory integration issues where he doesnt like feeling of clothes, doesnt like being touched, etc. His mood swings are crazy. He stims (hand flapping in infancy and now hand claps and "chomps" his teeth) when excited. He doesnt keep like to keep eye contact much. He doesn't interact with his classmates and pretty much keeps to himself at school. At home if he plays with kids they are around 7-8 or maybe 9 yrs old. He is like obsessed with playing wrestling games or fighting games. He is EXTREMELY artistic and very advanced in his drawing. YET he only likes to draw things like swords or star wars or GUNS.. Violent stuff.

The school finally paid for him to be in counseling when he wrote a paper at school about how he is going to kill another boy (not a kid at school so the school was relieved) when he gets a little older because this boy took his girlfriend. He wrote how he is going to do it. I had been telling the school for a couple years that he had emotional and behavioral problems but they didn't see it... TIL THEN.

I agree I think your daughter would benefit with counseling. I think possibly there MIGHT (but Im not a doctor ) be more going on than just ADD..

I can understand about how its hard to keep up.. All of my boys are ADHD, 2 are in counseling for anger problems. Im a single parent trying to raise them and I can't hardly clean my house let a lone keep up with them. BUT with God's help I try.

I'll be praying for you.

Today I've had my 14 yr old yelling at me and blaming me for messing (not his word) up his weekend..He didn't do his homework and so he had to stay home instead of going with his dad and brother and friends for the night last night.. Let us know how things go.

GM (Gina Marie)
Adam - BCCNS, Adhd, Chiari Malformation,PDD-NOS
Noah- BCCNS, Adhd, Chiari Malformation, Bronchial Stenosis, Asthma
Thank you Jesus!! He walks with us thru all of this because he will never leave us nor forsake us!! He is my BESTEST friend!!!

GinaMarie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote