Old 04-10-2008, 04:28 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by weegot5kiz View Post
yes the thread has turned
Well, here's another turn. I was going to post this in my urodynamics thread but based on what we all have talked about I felt it was more appropriate here.

Today was my kidney ultrasound. I got a tech that I know from working at the hospital as well as her doing an pelvic ultrasound a few years ago. Well, we got to talking and she asked why I was having this done. I told her MS. She said she was wondering because most of her neurogenic bowel and bladder patients are in wheelchairs, using walkers, or need assistance.

Well, I started explain to her some of the issues I was having and that these were baseline tests. Then she started telling me that she has some sort of autoimmune disease and takes 3 different anti inflammatory. She went to the dr for her yearly physicial and was explaining to him that her urine smells funny. So they did a urine test and she had a UTI. She was surprised as she didn't feel anything at all. Her dr said, logically, that because of all the pain meds she wouldn't have felt anything and wouldn't have run a fever.

Why am I telling you this? Well, we have talked about infections and exacerbations that can start because of an infection. UTI's are common in MSers that have a neurogenic bladder. The pain meds can mask that. Be aware of your daily habits and should something change call the dr so that you can be tested and treated and not end up having an increase in symptoms.

I care about my NT family.
tkrik is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
barb02 (04-10-2008), FinLady (04-10-2008), KarenMarie (04-10-2008), suzyqz_2007 (04-10-2008), weegot5kiz (04-10-2008)