View Single Post
Old 04-10-2008, 06:14 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Bryanna, I have another catastrophy. Two 'topless' teeth have become infected. They and the other three remaining teeth in my lower jaw are the ones due to be taken out and the inplants put in on Tuesday

The dentistry school is on vacation this week because of the Masters Golf Tournament. I've called and called. No answer.

My GP gave me a shot of antibiotics with followup pills of amoxycillin. That was yesterday, and I still see infection and feel more pain than I should at this point. Is there time enough by Tuesday for this infections to be gone? I know all the problems that can be caused by infection during surgery, but I don't know if there's more I can do to help cure it quicker. I'm taking the antibiotics and I'm rinsing with salt water.

I'm afraid the infection will have subsided to the point where they can't see anything. Doesn't it still lurk around? And, should I call off the surgery if they don't. I'm terrified to put this off any longer, so my inclination is just not to tell them. Also terrified that they'll say it's okay when it isn't.

I'm between a rock and a hard place! Any suggestions, please. Anyone.

Jon
jon is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote