View Single Post
Old 04-10-2008, 05:14 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Tongue Still Working but not my job

I had a very physical job from 94 till Feb of this year. Lots of heavy pulling/pushing/dragging and lifting. As well as 2 hours of fork lift driving a day where I mostly had to sit with my upper body twited backwards when carrying load that you couldn't see over. A few years ago back in 05 I injured myself at work where I couldn't breathe (actually think I already had this problem) they sent me to ER where they said I shifted my rib cage and pulled the two muslces that support the rib cage. They took me off work for one week and and sent me to a chiropractor who I continued to see after that when needed. The fork lift really made my neck feel like crap...or so I thought. I also suffer from a severe case of TMJ which caused a neat little thing to happen with my tongue (after I was diagnosed with TOS).

My job has been giving me a lot of grief since this happened and it's really frustrating. However, they have me on light duty...sitting at a computer eight hours a day inputting data with my "good" hand that I don't normally use to do everything...which now I am having to use that arm to do everything.

I am now getting concerned because I can feel "slight" symptoms in my hand/wrist that I felt shortly after that first accident...which I kind of wrote off...the tingling from the shoulder to the hand thing in the now bad arm. Darvacets help minimally but I still can't sleep. I feel like someone shoved an ice pick in my shoulder and I feel like I have about 25 donkey kong juniors climbing up the muscles in my upper arm near my shoulder. I feel like there is clay packing around the donkey kong juniors. I get pains in the sides/front upper and lower of my wrist. I have horrible pain and sensitivity on the top of my shoulder and pressure points in my neck and trapezius muslce.

The other day I noticed that my right leg near the middle/lower part of my calf it started going numb....and tingling in my ankle. At therapy tuesday the therapists rubbed something out near the T2 and rib cage intersection and I haven't felt that anymore. I also have chest pains sometimes. My neck feels like the description they give for the feeling of whiplash and I feel like 2 people are playing tug of war with my neck on the muscles between the shoulder blades and spine. I think I might actually be able to break a window with one of those muscles as tight as they feel. I feel like if someone were to touch me....my nerves would have the same effect as those electrical globes. However, the nerve test revealed no pinched nerves in my arm. Yet, I did have an MRI done of my neck and it shows that I have a bulging c4-c5 and a bulging c5-c6 as well as a broad protruding bulging c7. My chiropractor thinks I have a pinched nerve somewhere in my thoracic vertebrae. The physical therapists tells me I have TOS and the workers comp doctor said I have a trapezius sprain, hand/wrist and forearm tendinitis, shoulder sprain and tennis elbow.

Anyways, thought I would share a little there....I think I started babbling after a while....you understand right?

I don't like the fact that they want me to start taking this lyrcia. I already feel like a zombie not having any sleep and being doped up on darvacets.

My question is this.
bittid23 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote