View Single Post
Old 04-10-2008, 08:42 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koala77 View Post
I'm so sorry to hear about the theft. Why is it that thieves always seem to take the things most precious to us? When my Mom passed away, my Dad gave me all her things. When I got home from my Dad's house it was very late, and after a long drive I was too tired to unpack the car. Next morning every single thing that had belonged to my Mom had gone! They took every last remnant of the things my Mom held precious!

Oh how awful! Replacing credit cards is easy enough but the items that have a personal value can not be replaced.

My son said he hoped the bad guy cut his finger on the broken glass...silly boy!

I'm glad you got a good report from your Neuro. It's always a good feeling to know that things are going well....as well as can be expected anyway

The best part was she didn't say I needed any more testing...Yeah!!

I was so worried she was going to request a LP because that seems to be one of the things doctors go on.

I was prepared to ask her what the point was since I am already dx'd and on Avonex.

Try not to let it bother you that some of the clients at the clinic are in wheelchairs. Not everyone needs to use a chair. Lots of us have had MS for many years, 31yrs for me, and I've only recently started using a cane. I have some MSers friends in wheelchairs, and I just wanted to assure you that the ones I know still are able to live fulfilling and happy lives, albeit with asistance now.

It is difficult when you see what MS can do. The youth minister I had when I was in high school has a very aggressive form of MS. He went from functioning ok to total care in a matter of 10 years.

The problem was they did not find the MS soon enough to treat it. I am not sure how much it would have mattered. He has many lesions in his brain and spine. He never really had any relapse.

It is a difficult situation. Difficult for me because I used to baby sit for his children and just recently his wife called to see if I would go sit with him while she went to the store. She does not know I was recently dx'd.

I was out when she called and my voice mail got the message. I never did call her back. I want too but now I wonder WHAT would I say. I will see her again some day. I think I just need more time.

But I know of several other people in my community who have MS and function just fine considering.
Started Avonex February 22 2008 (still progressing)
July 2009 started Betaseron.....

"Don't argue with an idiot. People watching may not be able to tell the difference."
slskckjebw is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote