View Single Post
Old 04-10-2008, 09:12 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I used the patch for about 8 or 9 months this past year. I started at 12 which did not help at all and gradually went up to 50 mg patch. The med in the patch is the best pain reliever I have ever used. The problem is the delivery system of the med. The patch itself is a pain in the butt! I could not keep it on, had trouble taking a bath and if it does come off after that you might as well throw it away because it just does not work after it loses contact with your skin. The other problem I have with the patch is I would have maybe two good days, one really good day and the thrid day would be a very painful long day!!! It only worked maybe a day and half sometime two full days if it stayed on. Ok then when my dr did switch me over to oxycontin from the patch I had the Worst withdrawls coming off of the patch!! I ached all over and just felt horrible.
I guess the patch med is much stronger then oxy and ms contin because they did not stop the w/d.
Like I said the med itself if it were in a pill form would be the best for pain ,but the patch is such a pain lol. At least for me it was.
balmygirl3 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote