View Single Post
Old 04-10-2008, 10:14 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Av8rgirl View Post
Putting down weed fabric under rock totally depends on the type of rock. If the rock is heavy, I do recommend it because the rocks will eventually erode into the soil. However, if the rock is light, there is no need for the weed fabric. It is a waste of money. Weeds grow on top of it as they grow in any type of organic material that will collect on top of the weed fabric.

Other negatives for weed fabric are the cost; you cannot move plants or add plants without cutting more holes; once you cut a hole in it, now you've created a place for weeds to grow; and you have to factor in the irrigation system - is it going to be on top or under the weed fabric?

My suggestion is no weed fabric. It's a pain in the butt. Put down enough rock to adequately cover the area, at least 2" deep and you should be good to go.

We rarely use it unless the rock is very heavy and such as the big permabark type rock and most homeowners don't like it anyway.
I gotta tell ya, I was hoping you'd say that!! I really didn't wanna mess with it!! Thank you thank you thank you!!!!!

Rob Thomas, beautiful, beautiful, beautiful man!

JessieSue is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote