View Single Post
Old 04-10-2008, 10:17 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobcatsrule View Post
Now I am within as little as a month of a difiniative answer
Please do NOT count on this. It is much more likely that you will NOT get definitive answers, no matter how much you want them. (I'm presuming you've previously had MRIs.)

MOST people who've been in "limbo" for a long time on these boards simply never get a definitive answer. They get an appointment with such-and-such a doctor, or get such-and-such a test result, and they are POSITIVE they're going to be diagnosed.

I bet 99.9 percent of those people come back a few days or weeks later completely deflated. Again told nothing is wrong, or nothing wrong can be found. Or they get conflicting information.

You are really setting yourself up for a huge disappointment. I will be very happy for you if you DO get your definitive answer, but you'll be able to knock me over with a feather if a longtime limbolander gets a clear diagnosis!

You would do better to engage a counselor to prepare yourself for the disappointment that is likely to come.

I say this with nothing but the greatest sympathy--please believe me. I have had symptoms with no answers for 9 years. I too have been treated like a hypochondriac.

I wish you the very best. But I don't think it's going to come in the form of a diagnosis. You need to turn your attention elsewhere. Get your SYMPTOMS treated and go about your life.

Please take care, and please prepare yourself for disappointment.

Nancy T.
Nancy T is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote