View Single Post
Old 04-10-2008, 11:14 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Friend2U View Post
I so agree. Since energy is no longer a surplus, I am finding that all of that dwelling on what used to be is just SO draining. I can honestly say I AM READY TO MOVE FORWARD.... take the other fork in the road. I have been learning so much from all of the kind and smart folks here at NT. Let me know how you overcome the issue of pacing yourself. That is still hard for me. But I am working on it!

Thanks for your response. If you think of another one, please share again!

Oh I still have a lot of trouble with remembering to pace myself, but luckily and thankfully I have a very understanding dh. He leaves for work about 6am and sometimes doesn't get home til 6pm...if I'm in bed and the house is not straightened or the dishes are still in the sink he doesn't mind. He puts my health above everything and is always stressing the fact that I don't over do it. I've adopted the motto....the world won't stop turning if I take a nap. (Oh and Thank God for Provigil!)

We (dh and I) have this little system...I do what I can during the week while he's at work, being sure that I save enough energy for the weekends. Saturday and Sunday we spend our days out and about...going places we've not been before, cameras in tow. I guess you could say I live for the weekends! (and I don't even have a job! lol)

A lot of my depression was because I would dwell on the used to be...kind of like mourning. I do still find myself in that pity party mood every so often, it's only natural. But I try my best to focus on the now and the future. Not trying to preach a sermon, but I think it is so important not only for our mental health but our physical health as well that we, like others have said, move forward...being trapped in the used to be's can be a very damaging place to be.

Be thankful.....for what used to be....for what is and for what is to come....

..........stepping off my soapbox now

Dx'd RRMS July 2007

suzyqz_2007 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
FinLady (04-11-2008), Friend2U (04-11-2008), tkrik (04-11-2008)