Thread: so, so tired
View Single Post
Old 10-14-2006, 10:21 PM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

My mother is law is a little worse today. Her belly is just huge and of course pressing up around already bad lungs and heart. Her family doc came in today and wrote 'feeling good'. The GI doc didn't write anything except for a cardiologist to see because of high heart rate. I am so ashamed of the medical profession that I was so proud to be a part of for 30 years. It took the cardiologist to see that this poor woman had a bowel obstruction and start her on conservative measures to alleviate. He will order a surgeon to see if that doesn't help. I was glad that the heart doctor had some 'heart'.

This woman is a mentally ill woman that you can't hardly understand due to chronic bronchitis affecting her voice She is very plain, can't get across what she means or wants. But she is a very dear, loving woman. These doctors were just throwing her away. When I was in critical care, this cardiologist was one of my favorite due to his quiet calming bedside manner. Now I know why.

I am so torn about leaving to go to my daughters tomorrow. I was supposed to go and get my granddaughter and keep her for the week while she is out on fall break. This shortened trip was a compromise. We are going tomorrow then come back Tuesday, but without her. It hurt me enough to have to make that compromise. But I just can't do it and still try to be the Grandma I want to be in 6 weeks when the baby is due. I want to be able to take care of the older girl at her house so I can have some baby time also.

My daughter has an ultrasound Tuesday AM that I was really looking forward to seeing. But because of MIL so sick we might not even be able to go tomorrow. We will go to the hospital and check on her and if I feel she is to unstable we will have to stay. I am so torn. Nobody said life was easy.
doydie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote