Thread: Waiting....
View Single Post
Old 04-11-2008, 12:02 AM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member
Default Waiting....

I'm just sitting here, waiting for my aunt (dad's younger sister) to call and tell us that my uncle is gone.

He's been sick with some sort of cancer since last summer. My dad's other sister told us that he was in hospice care this week. My aunt called this afternoon to tell us that my uncle is no longer talking, and that they've drugged him up with morphine so that he's not in any pain.

My aunt told my dad that she treating things as if my uncle had already died, even tho he's still alive (as far as I know this minute)

I feel a little bad about this. I saw my uncle back at thanksgiving, when he was still doing pretty good. I havent seen him since then. My family hasnt really talked to them since his daughter in law did something nasty and vindictive to another family member (not sure why she was being vindictive, the person she did the bad thing to had never done anything to her)

I dont like this waiting. It's too stressful.

~ "Animals have two functions in society. To taste good and to fit well." ~ Greg Proops, actor ~
Erin524 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote