View Single Post
Old 04-11-2008, 01:06 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I thought I was put on Methotrexate, but maybe it was Plaquenil, in the early 90's. I don't recall having a positive response. Recently, Prednisone has not seemed to control the symptoms as well. I am getting some relief with Flexeril as I attempt to drop the steroid dose.

This doctor said there were some new treatments that he would discuss in person. I am afraid to get my hopes up too much. I am also gunshy over new drugs.

If anyone has emailed or considered emailing for an appointment, he said he will be out on vacation for a week starting tomorrow.

I do feel the burning is probably due to small fiber neuropathy, but have been unable to convince anyone to do the biopsy, which he said would be done during the visit.

I have the burning Billye. It really is painful. A drug that helps blunt widespread burning: Urelle. You will think this is crazy, it is a bladder analgesic. As I explained to him, I have to juggle all of these things around to get relief.

Glenn: I keep hearing from other doctors that it is simply dry mouth, dry eyes, which is a crock... I saw a Baylor periodontist researcher once when the burning was in my mouth. She told me that "they" are finding that Sjogren's can affect various organs in the body... (I use Periomed for that-a prescription dental mouth rinse, along with Sensodyne toothpaste.)

Gee, she seems to be the only one around here who has caught on to that... I still haven't found the "theys" in our area.

Cathie
Yorkiemom is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote