View Single Post
Old 04-11-2008, 02:44 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Arrow Limbo Land OFFICIALLY for FIVE WEEKS ONLY

Hi all,

thanks for the encouragement.

I will respond to all the posts first by saying that there have always been weird sx but MS was NOT suspected until about 5 weeks ago. This is my first MRI in 8 years and the first one was b/c i was having "migraines" but that one came back clean! Since the migraines period of all this my sx have worsened tremendously and yet I KEPT VERY QUIET ABOUT WHAT WAS GOING ON!!! I didn't want people to think i was crazy (though some of the faculty at the university where I attended certainly did b/c it was obvious to their narrow minds that something was going on but since they didn't understand it then it must not exist!) but even my family didn't know how much i was suffering.

Most of the sx that I am just now finding out that: 1) there might be an explanation for 2) are actually significant (meaning that it isn't just a normal part of life for everyone like it has been for me) 3) there might be hope to get some of the sx midigated through the correct drug therepy. 4) I might NOT be crazy and 5) this is all so new to me.

all of these things are so new and recent. I just accepted 90% of my problems to be NORMAL PARTS OF LIFE. I have a pretty high pain tolerance and it takes a LOT on the weirdness scale to make me say so much as OUCH or WHAT WAS THAT??? Especially to a medical doctor.

Good example. I had a flare up (ya'll would call it an exacerbation) of painful eye movements with very blurry slightly doubbled vision in my left eye (optic neuritis). Plus full blown double vision. Plus my left eye moving to the beat of its own drummer (nastigumus). All THREE of those things happened at the SAME TIME and lasted for THREE DAYS!!! soooo, even that flare up is not as BAD as some that i have had and though it was hard i started and completed the week at WORK WITHOUT MISSING A SINGLE DAY of work. It takes a migraine thrown in on top of all of that to take me down completely and those were the types of exacerbations that i had FREQUENTLY in college. yet i never went to the doctor and only missed about a total of 6 classes due to the exacerbations.

Therefore the discovery that I am close to an explanation for the weirdness that looking back was really weird and at times seemed super weird was just mind boggling for me.

It wasn't until I got the wrong dx (the wrong DX of myasthenia gravis) and then had that dx retracted that we started suspecting MS. That was about 5 WEEKS AGO!

So I have and I have not been a long time limbo lander!!!

If you were happy everyday of your life you wouldn't be a human being, you'd be a gameshow host! ~ Gabriel Heatter

In the book of life, the answers aren't in the back. ~ Charlie Brown

When life gives you a ton of lemons, go grab some sugar! It makes the lemonade taste better! - Rachael
bobcatsrule is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote