View Single Post
Old 04-11-2008, 06:50 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by daisymay View Post
I think that typing it and getting it out is a relief in some way. Thank you for sharing this, Tante. I hope you feel better soon and know that your'e amongst friends and a very caring community here.

On a side note~~ My cousin was DX'd w/MS for 10 yrs. Her Neuro passed away, so she went to a new one, went through the gamut of tests...

NO MS! She has Fibro. So, guess it can go both ways. I'm just glad you got the answers you need to move forward. Take care of yourself.

DM, you are right about the relief, the sharp edges of shock and disbelief are dulling as I write...not that I experienced either about having MS, but about having a diagnosis that should finally hold up and allow me to get treatment.

I actually cried in the last MRI, silent tears rolled down my face...there was going to be no wait time on the GAD, and I was scheduled for an OPEN machine....my last hopes were vanishing, so I was really shocked lesions finally showed.

As for your cousin, and the two are mutually exclusive?? Is she comfortable with the rule-out? The idea of changing Dr.s is scarey.

I have, these past few months, been putting together thoughts "In Defense of Being Undiagnosed." Bad timing to mention it now, and it has nothing to do with the callousness with which so many limboers are treated by the medical profession, nor the horrid emotional roller coaster one is on, but I learned last year of medical "red herrings" and of syndromes and smoldering illnesses and odd diseases, and of rxs for one thing that would be awful if you really had the other....

I learned that there really are times when, even with 5 O Bands, positive Evoked Potentials, and history and symptoms out the ying yang, enough to satisfy the McDonald criteria, it might be something other than MS.

But, then I learned of the relief when the ride ended.