Old 04-11-2008, 10:39 AM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Arrow Shingles --

Quote:
Originally Posted by cat265 View Post
Hi Kitt, Iam curious as to how your cousin shingles started out. I was just dx with shingles and it started on my eyelid. Now I have some blisters on my farhead, nose (not the tip) and into my hair line. They are not in my eye. My eye (the white) is not red. The dr. said to call him right away if I get pain or redness in my eye. I was just wondering what eles I had to look out for. I also hear it is rare to get it in your eye.

Thanks

Hi cat265, I really don't know how her shingles started out. Although, I think they were on the side of her face. But, I was very surprised to hear that it got in her eye. I'm really not sure that it is that rare either as shingles follow nerve paths and we have nerves everywhere as you know. Sorry I can't help you as far as that but be certain to follow what your doctor said. Call him right away if you suspect anything like that.

I believe that I probably had shingles that went to my head but did not come out. That is possible too. Mine started with an itch on the outside of the ear and went on up to the head and it was the most awful pain. I remember after that for two years when a breeze would blow my hair it would hurt. It's a long story but I also experienced awful stiffness. At night I hardly could take my sweatshirt off (lifting arms up, etc.). In the A.M. there was no trouble but it would build up during the day. I never went to a doctor and I probably should have. If it wasn't shingles, it was some kind of virus for sure. Hope I never experience anything like that again. The year I had that happen was an awful stressful year. It just kept building up all year.

Don't know if I have helped you any. But keep on top of it. I always thought that they only went around a person's middle as that's what I had seen in other people. Of course, that isn't true. I do hope it all turns out for you. It should. Take care

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"It is what it is."

Last edited by Kitt; 04-11-2008 at 03:50 PM.
Kitt is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
cat265 (04-11-2008)