View Single Post
Old 04-11-2008, 01:39 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

What I find interesting about this is that you went so many years with a clear MRI.

I had one neuro tell me that often people have subclinical damage (i.e. damage too small to be seen on MRI) that results in sx and even neuro signs on exam. He said patients can go years and years with an unchanged MRI and then suddenly, the damage shows up.

Then, I had another neuro tell me that because my MRI hadn't changed in a year, that I don't have MS. He seemed to think it was a one time event that did all this damage and that I should just get used to it.

My present neuro seems to be agree with the first one and is waiting for an MRI change to give me an official dx. He acted like it is a foregone conclusion that it will change eventually, but there hasn't been any significant change in 2 years or more (I have lost track).

My MRI is not clear by any means, but I don't have any periventricular lesions - just about a dozen in other places.

I have seriously doubted that any change is possible after all this time, but you are proof positive that it can take many years sometimes for the damage to show up.

Take me back to days full of monkeyshines
Bouncin' on a bubble full of trouble in the summer sun
Keep your raft from the riverboat
Fiction over fact always has my vote
And wrinkles only go where the smiles have been...

Jimmy Buffett from "Barefoot Children in the Rain"

hollym is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote