View Single Post
Old 04-11-2008, 02:54 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
I have seriously doubted that any change is possible after all this time, but you are proof positive that it can take many years sometimes for the damage to show up.

Or many years to get the most curious and capable tech deciding where to do the slices as he images your brain. Seriously. I think that had a major impact on the results this time, that and the fact these were the newest machines and imaging programs in town...which is why I specified that I wanted mine done on them rather than at the centers where I had gone before.

BUT, the orders weren't specific re: what to look for, and the tech was obviously disconcerted that he was looking for demyelenating lesions, probably thought stroke or vascular problems....I was scheduled for an OPEN MRI. That couldn't be changed and I was heartsick, but at least the tech, after talking with me, knew what kind of protocol to follow, I seriously doubt many, if any have ever bothered in the past.

Of course, supposedly something like 5% will never have lesions show on MRIs, but I wonder whether that is due to the nature of the brain or the quality of the image and the tech's ability.