View Single Post
Old 04-11-2008, 04:20 PM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb When I go out

and want to appear to be drinking (and NOT)

I have a plain tonic water. It is socially acceptable and works. Looks good with a Lime in it too!

Alcohol with drugs...can be a Russian Roulette thing.
Depending on the drug and the dosage.

Alcohol with PN "may" be minimized with thiamine or benfotiamine. But the presence of drugs is iffy.

I think some of the alcohol effects are the dilation of blood vessels, which then lead to MORE burning sensations. At higher doses and continued use, then the damage comes from the metabolic failures that deal with alcohol.

So there is not one reason..to be careful. Wine (REDs in particular) have high levels of polyphenols which also dilate blood vessels. This action is the reason they are heart positive, but for PN they increase burning sensations.

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.

Last edited by mrsD; 04-11-2008 at 04:37 PM.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote