View Single Post
Old 04-11-2008, 06:49 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluemoon View Post
Hi Helen!

The neuro is correct. My opinion is that you wouldn't tell them of past episodes so you would get the fair treatment you deserve.

I am really not understanding how they would not take it seriously to begin with. I would be going to another hospital.

What is the neurologists take on the matter? Have you told him of how you have been treated in the ER?
Bluemoon, thank you for your reply. This has happened at several hospitals. The neurologist was very upset but we figured we couldn't fight city hall. The time I was "evicted" from the er, I couldn't talk or walk. After my shoulder surgery, I couldn't talk in the recovery room for about an hour. The nurse was not concerned at all. The doctor actually spoke to my neurologist and told her that there was no way for me to be seen by a neurologist.

I don't know if I am capable of saying that it has never happened before. I have a new neuro and I plan to discuss this with him also. The first time I couldn't talk, I was taken seriously. I got my speech back by the time the ambulance arrived at the hospital but I was carefully examined for stroke. I was admitted for observation and I wasn't discharged until I had an mri (normal).

I have had several mri's since this started happening and they have all been normal. My dx was complicated migraine. If I get 2 symptoms from a group including ataxia, aphasia, double vision, and confusion, then it is basilar migraine. The neurologist and I think that Tamoxifen was triggering the neurological symptoms and since I stopped taking it 3 months ago, the only problem I still have is episodic aphasia.
Helen Smith is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote