View Single Post
Old 04-11-2008, 07:42 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default On going pain issues

Some of you already know I have been having pain issues since mid-august 2007.

I am not happy with the current neuro who I only started seeing last year. He is willing to prescribe narcotics, I am fighting to not use narcotics - it's a personal issue for me.

For those not aware of the meds I have tried: Baclofen, Lyrica, Cymbalta and Klonopin. I have used Klonopin on an as needed basis since 2004 for panic attacks but right now it's the only med I can handle with few side affects and with the ability to minimize the pain for a few hours with each dose.

I had a follow up with my PCP and mentioned I am still dealing with the pain. I use 1mg Klonopin once a day. My PCP looked at the last update he recieved from my neuro - it said nothing about the pain nor the posibility of narcotics or the Klonopin.

My PCP didn't appear to happy. I was very up front with my PCP. I told him I have tried 1mg twice a day (2mg total) and at this point I will run out of Klonopin before the insurance company will approve my refill - I am using more than the prescribed dosage.

My PCP believes pain can be a quality of like issue and should be treated. He wrote out a new script for 1mg twice a day - bless his heart.

I have made an appoinment with my original neuro - the one who dx'd me in 1986 and yes, he is still practicing. I want his opinion on what has been going on and if he has any other suggestions that would be different than I have done or recieved at this point.

My current neuro told me I would just have to live with the pain and deal with my life as such. I'm not ready to accept that answer or option right now.
tovaxin_lab_rat (04-12-2008)