View Single Post
Old 10-15-2006, 01:11 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hello...not that I can be of much help as it is so long since I was diagnosed and can`t even remember the name of my first drug.I was diagnosed at the age of 38 [now 47] and managed as long as I could without any meds.Maybe a year or so.My first drugs were definately not of the levadopa type. As with most pd patients my drugs were then chopped and changed until they balanced me.Because of my age I needed a drug which would be safe for pregnancy but I miscarried anyway.Then another drug which suited me,but which could cause a fatal lung disease was changed for some meds which landed me in bed and wanting to rip my head off.
I had to retire at 40 but have been on sinemet and ropinarole for a few years now and I am steadily on the decline.
Have not had any scores read to me.Don`t really want to know .Just carrying on the best I can.
If I wake up on a day not being able to do something I could the day before I search for a way round it.
Sure...there are lots of things I can no longer do like play the piano [was a prof pianist] or write well.[loved calliigraphy and used to draw and paint] but I am ace with the electric hedge clippers and tear around my garden on a tractor. lol
Will try to get to know from my neuro what my first drugs were. Interesting question.
Steff
steffi 001 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote