View Single Post
Old 10-15-2006, 01:12 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Life just totally bites - at times . But, as everyone knows, along with joy comes some times of emotional pain. My friend - now in hospice - has been battling breast-to-bone cancer for 8 years. What a remarkable woman! I think.

Anyway, Bev... I don't know what differential diagnosis your doctors may be doing...

Have your doc(s) given you an indication of why the EMG/NCV was ordered?

It could be spinal related or something else.

I wish that older data at OBT was currently accessible (since there are terms I knew and shared were available), but, since it isn't, I do remember, some years ago, my PT telling me that eventually my symphysis pubis would self-fuse. Like I knew what that meant .

In truth, I really don't know what your doc(s) might be thinking. One way to find out is: Point blank asking. I've gotten into that "habit" before agreeing to tests.

Some times, testing is a process of elimination. By ruling out some possibilities, doctors can focus on what, then, seems more likely - based on symptoms, etc.

Given that you had to self-cath., just logic seems, to me, that maybe it's your L-spine. In honesty, though, I don't know.

If it were me? I'd ask what the doc(s) might be thinking. That eliminates trying to guess .
Bobbi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote