Old 04-11-2008, 08:52 PM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SallyC View Post
And I'd say..Up yours too!
I totally agree with the suckiness of MS. You just never know when a symptom is going to slap you in the face and tell you that you cant go do something.

The only good thing about the MS is that I can use it as an excuse to not have to go do something I dont want to do. Other than that, it's probably the most annoying and worst thing happening in my life right now. I hate all the funky sheist that it does to me. And, I hate it whenever it causes something weird for me, and I go to the neuro, and the neuro kvetches at me that it's just a pseudo flare and that I came to see him for nothing...go home and wait it out, you cant have steroids for a pseudo. (argh! but sometimes I really WANT the steroids)

Well, how the heck are we supposed to be able to tell the difference unless we have something like a fever or a cold happening? I just know that when something goes numb or starts to work weird (still havent had anything quit working on me yet, things just get wacky) that it's annoying, uncomfortable and almost always extremely disturbing to me. If I could give it back to wherever it came from, I would.

I keep wondering who I ticked off in a previous life (or earlier in this one) to deserve getting this kind of carppy diagnosis.

Other than one distant cousin, I'm the only one in my family with the bad enough luck to get this. Everyone in my family seems to be totally healthy except for one cousin and my dad (they both have heart problems, and my dad is still heathier than me) Most of my relatives seem to think that I'm faking the MS. (I'll have to remember to make copies of the official medical record that my neuro gave me about the diagnosis. I can hand it out at family gatherings to the disbelievers)

I keep hoping that a cure will show up soon, but I'm not going to expect one in this lifetime. I wish they'd hurry up and figure out the cause so I can find out if I'm right about what I think causes it.

~ "Animals have two functions in society. To taste good and to fit well." ~ Greg Proops, actor ~
Erin524 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote