Thread: guinea pig
View Single Post
Old 04-11-2008, 09:35 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Mary Frances,
I think if you look around this forum at various threads and posts, there are many things that people are trying that various individuals feel have helped them either a little or a lot. Rick Everett devotes his life to trying to catalog many of these.... But many people list things that have brought some kind of improvement ranging from low-dose naltrexone, children's cough syrup, ginseng, rhodiola rosea, various supplements, tumeric, meditation and visualization, dancing and singing, glutathione injections, Chinese exercise, boxing, the use of mucuna, acupuncture ear implants, and I'm sure many things I'm not thinking of. None of these might bring an instant overnight 'cure,' but many can do a lot to preserve and strengthen the good health that you do have, and who knows where that will lead?

If you say you are willing to try anything, I think there are many things to try and many anecdotal reports that they have been helpful in one way or another. Especially since you are at a relatively very early stage of this - whatever this thing is! - you have a very good chance of responding well to some of these methods that your neurologist may never tell you about, and may fall down laughing if you dared suggest them. But they are certainly no more risky than a lot of clinical trials, and since some people have found them helpful, and you're willing to be a guinea pig, why not experiment? I wish I had done that at an earlier stage before becoming totally entrenched in dependency on a complex and overwhelming regimen of pharmaceuticals...And just to say, I am finally off Mirapex after nine years, and feel better in many many ways. The use of that drug 'helped' in a certain way, but introduced worse problems than the benefits it brought, and I feel in retrospect worsened the condition.... So yes, there is hope. I'm feeling better and happier and like I'm building a more healthy body than ever before, and that's after 20-years plus with this thing...

Last edited by Fiona; 04-11-2008 at 09:39 PM. Reason: more to say
Fiona is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
imark3000 (04-12-2008), maryfrances (04-12-2008)