View Single Post
Old 04-11-2008, 09:53 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I feel absolutely fine when the attack occurs. I might be in the middle of a sentence when suddenly the words just stop coming out. It is totally shocking. There does seem to be a consensus that if the attack should last more than an hour, the situation is more serious. That only happened once but it was a little different because after an hour my speech kept coming and going. That was the time I was ejected from the er.

There has definitely not been any TIA. A TIA would show up on an MRI. All my imagining has been normal after several of the episodes. Every test I had was normal. I was taking Plavix for about a year but my new neuro said it was not necessary. One of my doctors who is not involved in my treatment of neuro problems puts it this way. He says something is definitely wrong with the arteries in my brain but the good news is that since the imaging is normal, there has been no brain damage and the truly awful conditions can be ruled out.

My neurologist says that the episodes are a manifestation of migraine with aura. Medical literature does support that.

I appreciate your interest.
Helen Smith is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
bluemoon (04-13-2008)