View Single Post
Old 04-11-2008, 11:54 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoopy View Post
This is considered sensory - it's the same stuff that started after the UTI - pain and pressure in the pelvic area, pain of the urethra and external burning.

My current neuro has called me med sensitive. After all these years this is the first time I have needed a med long term and I can't seem to find one that works well or where the side affects don't bother me.
Aww Snoop
I'm sorry you've got so much pain and so little relief. I too have mostly sensory stuff and am med sensitive too. Klonopin is great for anxiety, I've tried some, but don't have a script now.

I've found a bit of relief from the most annoying tinglies in my extremities and upper left ear, from my anti-siezure med (trileptal). I get no relief for the burning/freezing and pressure stuff though.

I found that out last week when I had run out when filling the pill box for the week. When I got the refill, I'd forgotten that I needed to finish filling the pill box. After two days I thought I was relapsing.

When I went to fill my pill box on the last day for the next week, I realized what was missing and quickly popped 2 tabs, then and 2 at bedtime. The next morning tinglies had become more tolerable and I now don't mind taking the med because I do get a bit of relief.

It doesn't take them away entirely, I need to call and see how high I can go. Wellbutrin was the only one that gave my hands any real help. I had a horrible siezure and dislocated my shoulder during it in 2002. Now that I've had a 2nd siezure it is for sure off my list.

A pain doc sounds like an excellent plan. I saw one in Denver last year and he is the one that suggested Namenda (alzheimer med) because he's has some success with his MS patients. If you PM me, I can get you his name and number. I'll be starting Namenda on Sunday, my neuro agreed this week.

Good luck with your old neuro. It will be good to find out what he has to say. Be sure and let us know.

Breathe In HOPE, Breathe Out DETERMINATION
MSacorn is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote