Thread: Helen M. Sheehy
View Single Post
Old 04-12-2008, 12:07 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Helen,
this is a never ending battle of wills between me and my neuro!!!!
Around the time I was diagnosed I would get home from work, have a glass of milk for dinner(no energy to cook dinner!) and fall into bed at 7pm and if I wasn't working the next day, I would sleep til 9am!! Then have a nap in the afternoon!!. I even fell asleep at work a couple of times, unheard of for me!!
On a recent visit to my neuro, at the hospital, with 2 interns in tow, we started on the "tired" subject, he said "she often has trouble differentiating between muscle fatigue and tiredness, as mg doesn't cause tiredness"
Welllllll, I let him have it, and when he retaliated I let him have it again. His explanation for me being tired was that I was studying while I was working(an apprenticeship) So I explained I wasn't shy of hard work, in fact I use to work in a vineyard, up at 5.30am, home at 5pm chopped wood, cooked dinner, bed at 10pm, with no problems. I think "oh" was his response.
He turned to his interns and started explaining to them how people with MS, get "tired" from having to exert a lot of enery to get muscles to work, maybe it was similar in MG. I nearly cried out "wow, really", but restrained myself. But not once did he turn to me and say this may be what was happening to me, oh well I guess I have to start small and work up.
sorry for the long winded reply, I think I needed to get it off my chest. Hope it helps
redtail
redtail is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote