View Single Post
Old 04-12-2008, 08:03 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nandina99 View Post
My husband was injured in a car accident about a year ago and has suffered from chronic low back pain ever since. Based on layman's reading and doctor input, we think (but don't know for sure) that the pain originates in his SI joint.
For those who have received the injections, are they painful to receive? Is the relief you get from them worth the pain? How long do they last before they need to be repeated? Do you have yours done under Fluro, CT, or MRI? And if you're willing to share, what does each injection session cost on average?

We're trying to manage his pain conservatively, but I don't know how much longer he can take the daily pain and disruption - if this offers relief, he may have to go this route.

Thanks for the informational reading and for any insight you can provide.
Nandina, have you tried chiropractic or physiotherapy?
This sounds like what happens to me after doing too much lifting and twisting-gardening for instance.
Low back pain starts, then after a day or so moves a bit to one side. If it is not too bad, a long walk taking extra long strides can put it back in place, but failing that it is off to the chiro.
Happens to me all the time. Joint actually locks up. Then you get muscle spasms as it tightens all around it, so becomes VERY painful and debilitating.
Pain meds, anti-inflams, muscle relaxant and a good chiro.
Walking, if you can, is very good. On several occasions I have had to stop walking, being in a spasm, and had to return home and lie down. That's when you know it's time for the chiro.
Not sure if this is what he has, but worth a try.

Peter B is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote