View Single Post
Old 04-12-2008, 08:13 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Thanks for this

Thanks, Tena...a few years ago my Dad gave me a book by Wayne Dyer and at the time I wanted to throw it against the wall. Since that time I did a turnaround in my thinking and now I can't believe how much happier and more positive I am. I have never been like this in my life, and it's allowed me to put many of my life-long emotional burdens aside forever. I feel glad to greet each day, and have concrete emotional tools to deal with that crushing anxiety and depression I used to have. I'm convinced it's played a large part in being able to deal so much better with PD. Some of my friends are still snarling things like "People who say Be Here Now just don't have a life..." But being able to change my thinking to a more positive frame of mind has led me to feel that I can change almost anything if I really need and want to. Which is not the same as not recognizing tragedy and the true difficulty of things. I am more committed to trying to address those than ever. It's just that now I have a different approach...
Fiona is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
lou_lou (04-13-2008), Twinkletoes (05-25-2008)