View Single Post
Old 04-12-2008, 12:15 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Thanks for the advice. I am using the autoinject right now. I was on Rebif for 2 weeks about 2 months ago. I was manually injecting that. It barely hurt. But the drug made me depressed and sick as a dog, as in I can't get out of bed and go to work sick. My training nurse for the C. said I should use the autoinject -- she didn't even explain manual shots. But I learned from the R. nurse so I could do it if I have to. I'm putting a heat pack on the spot for 10 mins. which helps a lot. I let the alcohol dry. The last couple before last night were fine -- only left a red rash for an hour or two. But I think I got freaked out about doing it manually because early on I had one needle that came out bent and the other seemed really dull!! If they are dull I'm worried the needle won't go in easily manually. The Rebif needles looked so so fine and didn't freak me out. The copaxone needles look a little wider than the R. needles and they have that strange jagged point on the end (like they are cut at an angle, not straight across). Is that normal? I wil try tapping the bubble. Taking after a shower seems like a good idea. I have to switch to the morning anyhow because it is giving me major insomnia!!
Another question -- I know you have to rotate the sites. But any suggestions for how you rotate within each individual site? They say do it 2 inches from the last place. Are you always having to mark down everyday where you do it so you remember the next time around? I've been trying to mark down but it seems like a pain. Like an idiot I did two shots in the same thigh, near the same place, 2 days in a row this week. My leg definitely hurt for awhile after that.
Natalie8 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote