View Single Post
Old 04-12-2008, 01:02 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Kimmydawn,

Yes, please follow up with a spine doc.

I was an IT analyst and I believe Bobbi is as well. I know I asked for special chairs, went to PT, had a new chair purchased at Relax the Back for my home and did everything I could possibly do to improve my posture. I even went so far as getting new glasses because of the dizziness. Now, this was all a long time ago and I still go to PT from time to time. I retired and no longer work.

I forgot to say earlier that the L5/S1 is the dermatome that follows the path you are speaking of in your leg. I have that going on as well.

What my PM told me a few visits back was: tingling and numbness = nerves! So, too can burning sensations but mine were more along the lines of PN and/or Central Pain Syndrome. I don't necessarily believe in Fibro, but that is just me. And I came to that conclusion based on what my PM said. He said pain does not come on without a reason. And I believe it. Besides there is more literature out there now linking Fibro to actually neuro problems which makes a lot more sense to me.

By all means try everything you can posture wise. But do yourself a favor and please speak to a spine doc and rule in or out what may or may not be wrong FIRST. THEN, let them tell you what types of things you should be doing. I say that too because I was doing all kinds of things that I should NOT have been doing. Plus, there were 3 years there that were wasted in chasing myself. Sorry, I do not mean to sound abrupt. And I am NOT speaking of rushing into surgery or anything like that. I just wouldn't try to approach this by myself. I did that and I was soooo wrong about a lot of things. For instance, I didn't need new glasses because of headaches and dizziness; I needed a fusion insead!!!
Kathi49 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
kimmydawn (04-12-2008)