View Single Post
Old 04-12-2008, 02:59 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

I can practically guarantee that this man WILL NEVER DO THIS AGAIN!!!

You made him accountable. Good for you.

I also have helped blind people get to their destinations and whenever I see an elderly winded person stop in the middle of the street and they look like they are winded or something, I usually approach and say "are you okay?"

Most often, I get a smile and they say "yeah, just taking my time".

But once, (and this actually happened and Alan could not believe it), we were walking down the block (quite a few blocks from our home so I didn't know the gentleman I was trying to help).

The guy had two cane type of walkers. He really was having a problem and he was approaching the doorway to his home. Now I see that he has two walkers, so how is this guy going to open his front doors. There were two doors.

And because Alan walks slowly (he had the boot at the time), I just strode up to the front door of this apartment building, I held open the door and they guy started hitting me with the right cane walker thing.

Never in all my life did I expect this. He also cursed at me.

I just said "sorry", and walked away.

Alan wanted to belt him.

Probably the guy was having a bad day but really!!!!!

Oh, this morning I'm in Dunkin and I see this little thing walkinging across my path and she's holding on to her pushcart and I recognize her as my 99 year old neighbor. I said "Lily, what on earth are you doing here?" and she smiled brightly and said "hi, I need quarters, and I know I have to get in line".

So I said "no, you don't, I have quarters". So as I'm giving her change I asked "why do you need quarters?" and she goes "BECAUSE I'M TAKING THE BUS".

TAKING THE BUS???? SHE'S 99 YEARS OLD, WHERE IS SHE GOING ON A BUS???

Not knowing what to say or do (her daughter is 80 by the way and lives in Florida). I just said "well be careful and make sure they let you use the lift".

I don't think the bus allows you to use the lift unless you are using a wheelchair and she was not. She just walks (a bit crookedly) and she uses the pushcart to stablize herself.

BUT SHE'S GOING ON A BUS??? At 99 years old??

Holy Cow!!!!

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Twinkletoes (04-12-2008)