View Single Post
Old 04-12-2008, 03:06 PM
In Memorium

15 yr Member
In Memorium

15 yr Member

Glenn, I actually started my neuro experiences with them when I first got sick - they did great NCS/EMG's they even repeated the test twice in the same day on different machines cause they were doubting the results) and my sural nerve was sent to them for biopsy from another center and it was very thorough too, but often an appt would streach out for 6 hours waiting for resident to consult with attending - then they would eventually come back... their conclusion at the time (now they are quite a trek from me to get down there) - was "we've never seen someone's sensory nerves completely die in six months - and we will consult with other centers, etc... and get back to you"... never heard another word... if you have a name of someone that maybe I could get a private appt with that would be wonderful though - I know they have a PN support group that meets down there so they definately have an interest in it! (they definately do have contract with Medicare - Mayo was one of the few that didnt!

(in regards to UCLA I should add - I have gotten excellent cardiac care there, in addition to excellent MOHS surgery, and they have some of the best natured nurses and assistants I've ever come across)

(I was hoping first Mayo cause then they could look at all at once - gatroparesis - cardiac - back pain - abd stuff, etc. instead of constant trips to different docs etc... I wish they would just toss me in the hospital even here and do all the tests at once - dont know why they just cant do that for people who have multiple issues and cant get around easily, etc... but I have a feeling has to do with insurance also!)

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by gislat View Post
Have you checked out UCLA? They are listed as one of the top ten neuro centers by US News and World Report. UCLA would likely have a contract with medicare.

I have seen four neurologists over the years. Half were quite strange. I have had good luck with the Barrow Neurological Institute in Phoenix AZ.

Good luck,

Glenn

Last edited by BEGLET; 04-12-2008 at 04:34 PM.
BEGLET is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote