Thread: Spasticity
View Single Post
Old 04-12-2008, 04:45 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I use a Thera Cane to relieve muscle spasms. It's a handheld device you use to work the spasm into a lesser state. You can get an order from your physician and maybe your insurance will pay for it or you can get one through a physical therapy regimen. It should not be too expensive, but you may need some instruction on use so as to not bruise or make your situation more painful.

Best of luck
(Broken Wings)

Quote:
Originally Posted by herekitty1960 View Post
I've read a lot about spasticity but find it difficult to tell if what I'm experiencing is truly spasticity or just generalized pain with MS.

I have been having really bad pain in my lower right leg. It feels like it's generating from the inside. My leg isn't sore but just has a deep, dull ache all the time. I'm taking Neurontin for my right hand/arm and I'm hoping it will help my leg, too. It does make me loopy, though. I have no other pain relievers except Tylenol.

I go to the Neuro in the next month after I have another MRI on Tuesday the 15th. I want t ask him about pain relievers and what I can take to help me sleep at night. Seems like the pain gets worse at night but maybe that's because I don't have anything to distract me from it.

Does anyone else have pain with spasticity and what do you do about it? I hate to complain about every little ache and pain but this is interfering with my ability to get around.
(Broken Wings) is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Kitty (04-13-2008)