View Single Post
Old 04-12-2008, 05:17 PM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

Things could be worse.

My uncle just died yesterday. A little over six months since he was diagnosed with some sort of cancer. He was fine last summer, and now, BAM! He's gone. So, I dont feel so bad now about having MS...I've seen worse. (two uncles died from bad hearts, one from cancer, grandmother had Alzheimers and cancer, grandfather had pancreatic cancer, other grandmother tripped over a footstool, broke her hip, and during her recovery time got sick with Pulmonary Fibrosis and basically her body smothered her to death...and a childhood friend had Cystic Fibrosis....so I do think there are worse things than MS. Doesnt make me like having MS any better, just makes me realize that things could be worse for me.

Supposedly MS doesnt really change your life expectancy much.

As for a prognosis, MS is a fickle creature...I dont think there is any way to guess-ti-mate an MS prognosis until years later and your doctors have a nice thick file of all your neurological weirdness before they can say "well, we think your MS is going to this..."

Even tho I'm diagnosed and have pretty much accepted that I have MS, I actually keep hoping that it's Lyme disease and that someday I'll find a doctor who will confirm it and treat me for Lyme, but even with Lyme, I'm sure a lot of the neurological stuff can be permanent and wont always go away even after treatment. So, for now, I'm going to believe that it's MS, since at least they have treatments for MS now, and I can do one of those and hope that it does something to help

~ "Animals have two functions in society. To taste good and to fit well." ~ Greg Proops, actor ~
Erin524 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote