Thread: Spasticity
View Single Post
Old 04-12-2008, 06:15 PM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

I've tried a couple of different meds for spasticity and the pain associated with it. One is Sinemet CR which is used primarily for Parkinsons. It worked great but the side effect of it was stomach upset. The neuro added an extra rx for 25 mg of Lodosyn which helped. But about 2 years ago, it just stopped working as the pain increased to the point that the med just wasn't touching the pain anymore.

I tried a couple of other meds, but finally tried Soma and it seems to be working (so far!). Like RW, it's just as she described! I also have a percussion type massager that I can grab at night to use if the charley horse takes hold. If it's in my feet, I massage my calf muscle to get it let loose...my massage therapist has shown me where the trigger points are to massage so my feet will relax, as well as where my calf muscles will relax. I hate those middle of the night cramps where I wake up screaming in pain!

I also take klonopin every night for RLS which helps but I still have that spasticity stuff that just never really seems to go away. I think I've been taking Soma for about 8 months. I know I started it while I was about halfway through the clinical trial because I had to get permission to take it.

I've never tried neurontin...it's been suggested, but I am so med sensitive that the doc says it will probably put me to sleep on the lowest dose! So, no point in me even trying it!

I can only take Soma at night!

“When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it.” - Henry Ford
tovaxin_lab_rat is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Kitty (04-13-2008)