View Single Post
Old 04-12-2008, 08:11 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I just received approval. I utilized the internet. There is a lot of information to include a couple of good web sites authored by SSD attorneys. Think the most important aspects are finding out what criteria is used by SSD to determine if you are disabled. I referenced the neurological, depression and anxiety sections. Then your attending physicians must be in agreement that you are disabled and meet the criteria....... and that he/she will advise SSD of same.

Don't mean to simplify the process......it took me 17 months, and I obtained legal counsel after rejection at the initial stage. Further, my age 60, is considered "advanced" by SSD..... and........ rehabilitation/vocational education is not usually consided feasible. I did not apply for SSD until 18 years after the onset of PN......and it was the depression, fatigue, anxiety, and ongoing loss of feeling in my feet......that initiated my application.....once I started falling a lot......knew it was probably time to hang it up.....at 60 it's getting harder, and harder to get up off the floor...
*Abigail is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote