View Single Post
Old 04-13-2008, 09:15 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

It is Sunday morning, and I am once again finishing up preparations for a lesson in my church. God is clearing the fog and giving me insights into life so that I may be a better person. Here is one of the thoughts that I'm using on some scriptures related to contention. In this political day and age, with General Petraeus visiting congress, I wish some of our leaders would be as Abraham Lincoln:

The old story, presumably authentic, is told that during the Civil War when the fortunes of the Union armies, under the command of General Ulysses S. Grant, were going badly, some concerned ministers called on President Abraham Lincoln at the White House and forcefully urged the dismissal of Grant. To these men Lincoln is alleged to have said: 'Gentlemen, General Grant has under his command all that we hold dear in this nation. Instead of criticism, you too should get down on your knees and pray God that He would see this nation through to victory'.
AfterMyNap (04-13-2008), Burntmarshmallow (04-13-2008), Darlene (04-14-2008), DM (04-13-2008)