View Single Post
Old 10-15-2006, 10:35 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Poll

I like these type of polls. You get to know how you compare to others.

Quote:
1) what was the first drug prescribed for your pd symptoms?
I was diagnosed 21 years ago at age 39. I grew up in Nebraska and had been in Alaska about 4 years when diagnosed. The first drug I took was levodopa and has been my primary drug for entire time. There was no internet in those days and I had to accept what only two or three nuerologists in the state said and pd was not their spsecialty by any means.
Quote:
2) at the time you started any form of levodopa, do you have any idea what either your UPDRS score and/or your Hoehn & Yahr stage was?
No idea!
Quote:
3) regardless of your score(s), how would you rate your symptoms on a scale of 1 to 10 at the time you started levodopa, where 1 is no symptoms and 10 is being incapacitated? were you unable to work without it, for example, if you were still working at all? if you were retired, were there other crucial things besides work that you couldn't do?
At time of original diagnosis I suffered only slight tremor so would say might be scale of 2. By 2005, 20 years, I have suffered nearly every symptom but none probably more than a scale of 7 or 8 (I've been real lucky). Had DBS-STN in May and August of 2005 and would say no symptoms are greater than 4, except writing, at this time. I am still working full time. Plan on retiring at age 62 in a couple of years. At my high point I was taking 6 or 7 25/250 levodopa and am now taking one 25/100 regular and one 25/100 CR three times a day. I have taken nearly all of the supplemental meds at one time or the other and the only additional drug I am now taking is Comtan.
DaleD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote